Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Trip to Hong Kong with Venus

I am going to Hong Kong over spring break with Venus and her mom and her nanny.  I am very excited.  The best thing about Hong Kong is that they have High Tea there.  But even better than the high tea  is that I will get to see Venus.

As most of you know, Venus and I have had a long distance relationship for such a long time that it feels like an eternity.  Not being able to see her every day sucks.  And not just a little bit.  A lot.  I am very lonely here without Venus.  We got engaged over the summer.

Anyway, I miss Venus so much.  Seriously. For one thing, when she is not around, it is really quiet.  For those of you who don't know Venus, she likes to talk a lot.  I think this is great.  When she is not talking, she will often make weird noises.  I think maybe she can't really handle silence or something.  In any case, it means that when she is around, things can never get too boring.  But, the side-effect is that when she is not around, it seems really really quiet all the time.

Between the two of us, Venus is the one who works harder to keep in touch with me.  We skype usually about two times per day.  At least we can see each other.  But, it isn't quite the same as having her here in person.  When we can't skype, Venus will call me.  She is really good at this sort of thing.  I don't think we could survive the long-distance without out her skills at this.

I also miss Venus at really random times.  For example, I miss her when I am grocery shopping.  One time, when we were grocery shopping she said she liked the song they were playing, so I danced with her to it.  I miss that.  Anyway, when we are grocery shopping, normally, that's when she tells me how we need to buy a lot of vegetables and less soda.  I am not too happy about the "less soda" part, but I still miss her being there to tell me that.  After all, I get diet Mountain Dew, which is green, and that makes it a vegetable.  For some unknown reason, Venus doesn't agree with my impeccable logic.  See?  Even when we argue, it is cute.*

Speaking of arguments, we really don't have that many arguments at all. It is definitely the most drama free relationship I have ever had.  Now granted, at times I have been known to have friends who have a lot of drama in their lives.  And, perhaps once or twice, I have dated high-drama girls.  OK, more than twice.  But anyway, Venus is really low-drama. We don't really agree on everything.  But, when we disagree, we generally talk about stuff and work it out.

Venus's dad doesn't think that she can cook.  At one point, he told her no one would want to marry her because of her cooking.  He is so wrong.  Venus is a really awesome cook.  I  miss making dinner with her.  Generally that involves me chopping a bunch of vegetables (but not diet mountain dew) and her doing every thing else.  Occasionally, I will make rice or something (even after that one time where I used the wrong bowl, which apparently was bad for some reason.)  It is a little odd that she doesn't know the correct way to eat with chop sticks.  But, it seems like a lot of Taiwanese are like that.  What's that about?  

Anyway, I am really looking forward to going to Hong Kong with her. And I am excited that she will eventually come and live her.  I can hardly wait.



* I also believe that chocolate is a vegetable.

No comments:

Post a Comment